CALL FOR PAPERS! Submit your manuscript
Special Issue on Services Operations in Emerging Markets
Deadline for manuscript submission: May 31, 2018.
Given the increasing share of services in emerging markets like India, China, Brazil, South Africa etc., productivity and quality of service operations become very important for sustaining their economic growth and global competitiveness. Managing service operations in these markets have its own characteristics and challenges that vary from one economy to another. Unlike the developed economies, while service operations in these markets must be affordable to a larger section of the society, it also faces the challenge of larger scale, cultural diversity, remoteness and infrastructural bottlenecks. This puts the challenge of achieving highest levels on the conflicting dimensions of cost, quality, and flexibility. For the government, failure of the above leads to lesser social welfare and poorer quality of life for its citizens. Thus, this special issue proposes to bring out the nuances of the problems and challenges of managing service operations in emerging markets and foster innovations through research.
Call for Papers
Some suitable research topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
● Characterization of operational problems in emerging economies and their challenges
● Conceptual framework for management of service operations in emerging markets
● Quantifying the effect of infrastructure bottlenecks on the performance of individual service operations
● Affordable large-scale service operations
● Effect of cultural diversity on services quality
● Scheduling large-scale operations
● Effect of skill availability and diversity of multi-site operations
● The efficiency of public systems such as public distribution system, health services, utility services etc.
● Quality of transportation infrastructure and cost competitiveness
● Profitability of Railway operations
● Use of ICTs for services innovation
Ashutosh Sarkar, Associate Professor, Quantitative Methods & Operations Management Area, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, India Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandun Perera, Assistant Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management, School of Management, University of Michigan-Flint, Michigan, USA, Email: email@example.com
All manuscripts must not exceed 8,000 words and be prepared according to the submission guidelines of IIMK Society and Management Review (Special Issue). The deadline for manuscript submission for the Special Issue is May 31, 2018. Submitted manuscripts would go through a peer review process and only the manuscripts meeting the standards of the IIMK Society and Management review would be accepted for final publication.
For Submission Guidelines Click Here
For further queries: firstname.lastname@example.org