Proposals are invited to conduct a study on declining Sex Ratio at Birth in Nicobar District
of Andaman & Nicobar Islands
The Nicobar District in the UT of Andaman & Nicobar Islands was selected as multi-focused district for implementation of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme during the year 2015. The sex ratio at birth for Nicobar District has declined to 818 for 2016 from 1037 in 2013-14 (The total population of Nicobar is 36,842 as per 2011 census). This is a cause for concern and requires an in depth study.
The Ministry of Women and Child Development, Govt. of India was requested to depute experts for carrying out a study to identify the factors behind the declining Sex Ratio at Birth in Nicobar District. In pursuance to the same, it was decided to entrust a study to a reputed Institution and the Statistics Bureau, Minlstry of Women and Child Development, Govt. of India furnished a list of Institutes who could conduct this study.
Researchers are requested to convey their willingness along with time-lines and proposed methodology for this study.
Application Deadline: 31 st Oct. 2017.
NB:- Funding will be provided by Ministry as per its research guidelines which can be accessed from the Ministry’s website.
For more info
Ph. No. 09474241102/03192-233377
Mail ID : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indian Institute of Banking & Finance offers Macro Research opportunities to encourage researchers in the field of banking and finance. Under this programme, the Institute offers a research grant of Rs. 2,50,00/- and awards 2-3 projects each year.
Topics for Macro Research:
The Institute encourages empirical research in which the researchers can test their hypothesis through data (primary/secondary) from which lessons can be drawn for the industry (banking & finance) as a whole. In this regard, the Institute invites Macro Research Proposals for year 2016-17 on the following topics. (See important clause on copyrights below1)
1. Big Data Analytics: Role in designing financial products
2. Disruptive Technologies: Changing paradigm of banking
3. New Government Policies/Programmes & Financial Inclusion – Impact Study
4. Growth of NBFCs : Issues, Challenges & Opportunities
5. Outsourcing in banks – Scope & Impact
6. Stressed Account Management
7. Marketing of Financial Services
8. Financing of Infrastructure Projects: Trends, Policies & Challenges
Application Deadline: 31 January 2017
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute with funding support from the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt of India has invited applications from SICI’s Member Institutions for the year 2016-17.
» Shastri Institutional Collaborative Research Grant (SICRG) 2016-17
» Shastri Mobility Programme (SMP) 2016-17
» Shastri Research Student Fellowship (SRSF) 2016-17
» Faculty-In-Residence Programme (FIR)/Global Initiative for Academic Network (GIAN) 2016-17 (FIR is open for non-members also)
Application Deadline: 25 November 2016
The National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) and the Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) are collaborating to promote academic research on Corporate Governance in India. The Initiative invites academics and scholars working in the areas of economics, finance, law and management disciplines to submit research proposals that are relevant for understanding, designing and implementing best-practice corporate governance policies. Six projects in total will be selected by the Initiative and a token honorarium of USD 2000 will be paid per project.
Deadline for submitting research proposal: July 31, 2016.
TOPICS OF INTEREST (to the Initiative include but are not limited to:)
- Ownership and control structures, their evolution, minority shareholder rights,the role of large shareholders and institutional investors
- Governance issues in family firms/business groups including the role of internal markets, insider control, relational contracting and succession planning
- Board size, CEO duality, role of independent directors, Board assessment and term limits
- Gender and board diversity
- Auditor and audit committee independence
- Accounting and auditing standards, disclosure practices, transparency, and earnings management
- Related party transactions
- Role of proxy advisors in governance
- Governance of financial institutions and institutional investors
- Governance by financial institutions and institutional investors
- Corporate social responsibility and socially responsible investing
- Governance of public and private sector companies including listed and unlisted companies
- Executive compensation
- Mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance
- Corporate governance index
- Laws, regulations and enforcement
- The role of value, ethics, and trust in governance
Research proposals should be emailed in a single file in pdf format to:
To know more about the procedure of proposal submission, please visit:
The National Academy of Sciences India (NASI) and Elsevier has invited entries for the NASI- Scopus Young Scientist Awards 2016. The awards will be given away in the following 9 areas of Science, Technology & Medicine.
• Social Sciences
|• Biological sciences
• Earth, Oceanographic & Environmental Studies
• An Indian citizen, residing and working in India
• Have completed at least PhD/MD or equivalent degree
• Must be born on or after January 1st, 1976.
For further information regarding the process, application format, and submission, please visit http://southasia.elsevier.com
Fulbright-Nehru, other Fulbright, and Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship programs for Indian citizens
Not too far….July 15 is the application deadline for the Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship, Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships and Fulbright-Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowships.
Details about the fellowship programs, application procedure and guidelines, and the selection process are available on the USIEF website http://www.usief.org.in/Fellowships/Fellowships-for-Indian-Citizens.aspx .
sex ratio at birth for Nicobar District has declined